www.gulfcoastpoker.net

Monday, October 26, 2009

I.P. Biloxi...starts WEDNESDAY....who's pumped?




Well, its here. One more day. And I am really fired up! Mainly because I am sick of playing online. But additionally because I am excited to get out and play against human beings, see everyone that I haven't seen in the last couple months, and to try and win some money.

Looks like we have a great staff awaiting us at the IP, with Jim Sterling running the operations, Jimmy Sommerfeld (hope I spelled that right!) coordinating all the tournaments and guys like Bill Bruce running the floor on a daily basis. I expect and assume that they will also be bringing in some great dealers. I already know the structures are going to kick ass...so I am really excited. The buy ins are all really low, so I know I will be playing ALL the events! And then if I (and you guys) happen to get knocked out before 4pm, there is a backup event to fall back on....including a bunch of Omaha and Stud tourneys, and a H.O.R.S.E......definitely a nice variety of events for everyone. Then of course...if you go oh for two...you have a shot at a tripleheader flameout with the nightly $200. I think we ALL have pulled this feat once or twice! Its for sure nothing to be proud of, however, by the time we get there we are usually into our 5th or 6th shot or drink and have stopped letting the bad beats and/or suckouts sour our mood!

I am sitting here getting ready for Monday Night Football with a fresh bucket of original recipe KFC. I have to kind of root for the Redskins tonight, as I grew up a Seahawks fan and I really feel bad for what Jim Zorn is going through up there. Zorn is such a great guy...and I think he is just in an awful situation. And they bring in Sherman Lewis from a retirement home, where he was pulling ping pong balls out of a bingo hopper to call their plays. WTF? But if you're Zorn...you deal with it. Quitting means not getting any more of Daniel "The Kid Genius" Snyder's paychecks. You're freerollin Jimmy....don't kill the golden goose!

On the way home I saw something that aggravates me to no end. Anyone know where you merge from I-110 to I-10 heading west towards Gulfport....and those lanes kind of come together weird? It seems like on a regular basis I will see a car just STOPPED there at the merge...waiting for  a hole....while the cars pile up behind it. Usually its an elderly person, or...sorry gals, a woman. Sometimes an older Asian...for the bonus points. Then there is this moron. When you are turning right...and there is literally a complete lane dedicated for the traffic turning right...and yet...that person will sit in front of you...NOT TURNING...waiting...for what? A chance to get into the next lane over? Just leaving that merge lane alone...empty....waiting for a car....and me honking like a maniac at the idiot in front of me. Moments like these...and guys calling me on the river after I bet the flop, hammered the turn...and bet the pot on the river....and called with ACE HIGH....these moments make me feel two things. (1) This world I live in is clearly filled with humans completely lacking ANY smarts and (2) Thank god this world is filled with so many idiots...thus giving me such an advantage over them!

After the I.P. I am heading straight to Vegas for Venetian. I've lost my 'housing deal' with Allie Prescott. If anyone has a place out there, and we like each other...I'd be willing to hear offers to stay for two weeks. Or if any of you are high rollers with mucho comps and wants to hook me up with a room somewhere, I am willing to throw you a 5% tourney sweat on all my action while I'm there. I'm not being cheap, and I'm not broke...I just absolutely HATE paying full price for hotels when I am at an event playing tourneys. Hate it.

Interesting question. At I.P.s tourney that is about to start, if I should happen to play that freeroll for a seat into the WSOP this coming summer, and I win...will I be allowed to play? Will this Harrah's crap be resolved by then? Will I get $10,000 refunded to me instead? Its amazing how I really don't care about NOT playing the WSOP events. I just really hate their structures, and the collection of complete money-hating retards that come out there to play in the summer. The ONLY upside to those tourneys is the exposure you get if you win. Thats it. Don't even care about the bracelet. I would NEVER wear it. I see guys wearing those and I giggle. They just look so stupid. And I feel like wearing it is a form of "look everyone...I want, I mean DEMAND that you fear me because LOOK! I am wearing a bracelet that says I won a tournament!!!" So stupid. I would much rather have people sit down at my table, and be like..."hey, didnt you win such and such tourney last year?" Ya, I did. Its like being the running back who scores and hands the ref the ball.

Wow, I am watching an episode of Family Guy that I have NEVER seen! I didn't even think that was possible.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.youtube.com%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DLf6ms7acur0%2526feature%253Dplayer_detailpage%2522%253E%253Cparam&h=f78b1e1cf7748bc06799b499e72271ed&ref=mf

THAT UP THERE may or may NOT have come through correctly. For those who do not know my wife Squirrel, there is currently a commercial running for Geico, featuring, YES...a pothole. And it talks pretty much just like my lovely wife. Its very funny. Every time it comes on. This might come across as a picture or a link. No idea. Enjoy.

Okay I think I am done with this brief blog. I'm 700 FPPS away from reaching GOLD for the month on Pokernightmares...and since I won't play at ALL in November online...I want to at least accomplish SOMETHING this month!!!!

MONKEY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAAHHH!!! LMFAO...that does sound like squirrel! Wow! That prompted me to leave a comment.

And that turn off the I-110 is exactly where I live. Have to face the idiocy there EVERY DAY...especially after a trip to WAL*MART....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Eternal Sexiness

Gary said...

I will be arriving on Monday evening from Texas for the events at the IP.


Will they allow someone to sign up for 3 events and potentially go from table-to-table until he gets knocked out?