www.gulfcoastpoker.net

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Just a little more time to think....



For those of you who are ON my Facebook, you already know the outcome of my nearly epic WSOP Main Event run. For those NOT on my Facebook, I will tell you that I was knocked out with 12 minutes remaining in Day Three. I fell about 200 short of the money. I am still running all the thoughts and emotions of this summer through my head...and what my next 'move' is going to be. I'm sure all of you poker players know exactly, or at least...within reason, where I am at mentally right now. And I have a lot to say, a lot of people to thank, a handful to trash...and quite a few random thoughts that may or may not relate to poker. 

I am going to spend today at a place where I practically lived last summer, but have yet to visit this summer....ARIA. They have a nice little tourney at 1pm with a little buy in that attracts a crowd of about 100. I am going to go and try to actually enjoy playing poker today. Then tomorrow, I will wake up, write one long blog, pack up my car...and drive home. And when I get home...I will put all the pieces back together and start all over again. While this is going on, I will be checking in on the handful of people I call friends, as they continue to play in this year's Main Event...wishing great things for them.

Talk to you soon...sorry to keep you in the lurch!

MONKEY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caught your name on the Wsop update list late day two
And very excited for you. As the announcer on tv said it takes skill but a lot of luck to escape the mine field at the wsop. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat... But that's why we play, right? Have a safe trip back and see you at the next tournament. Is it almost time for pools? Lk new Orleans