www.gulfcoastpoker.net

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Laugh Track at Mirage.

You posted the blog yesterday....and I was reading it on my Blackberry...and while at Mirage playing in their 7pm tourney ended up having the whole table reading it. Let me just say, when I write this thing, I am NOT TRYING to be FUNNY. I am usually just blurting out whatever is on my mind. Apparently, I am now a comedian...the whole table was in stitches. Interesting.

Rick and I were going to try and go play the 7pm 2nd chance at Orleans. Rick got (again) late in the noon tourney over there...I was going to play there only because I could be there to sweat him in that deal. Well, on my drive over there he busts out. Guy under the gun with a lot of chips raises with 66...and he moves in for quite a lot with AK in the BB. My opinion there was that he should have flatted it (smooth call) and see a flop, knowing that the guy would NEVER fold to his all in.

Well, he hit the ACE on the flop....had he flatted it....he could have shoved then and the guy would have folded. He didn't though...and when the guy turned a 6 it was over for Rick, and I had to deal with him feeling like he hated poker for the rest of the night. I went and played the 7pm at Mirage....a $125 joke of a tourney with 37 players...nice. Pretty much a four table sit n go. I couldn't catch a break. Its official, my perfect record of never cashing a Mirage tourney continues.

ON the one chance I had to double up, with 14 left...I catch JJ behind a shortstack (shorter than MINE!) all in...and what does he have? What else? A9 offsuit. Flops an ace of course...but wait, I turn a JACK! No way....are we turning the trend? Nope, he rivers a four-card club flush. How nice. Then they move Mr. Tattoo to our table, you know the guy...tattoos all over his body, too many chains and bracelets, ball cap turned sideways...and a lot of chips that he got early on accident. Either calling or raising every hand...then betting out 2000 anytime it checked to him. whatever. I got blinded out.

The good news is that I quickly got into a $120 sng with a $20 last longer....it would end up being the LONGEST sit n go on this trip. Played heads up with the guy for over an hour...with the blinds at 1000/2000 I moved in on this guy with 10-3 hearts...beauty...and got called by his AQ. I lose. 2nd place. Good for $350 and the $80 last longer. SO the day wasn't a total lost. Then I won $150 in blackjack...which for me is like winning a THOUSAND! I NEVER WIN IN BLACKJACK!

Well, while I was doing this Rick was sitting with his Iphone and his statistical info telling him how to hit a Royal Flush on the video poker machine. He was in for $400 and was completely convinced he was going to hit it by 1:15am...and if not we would leave. Well, he was pretty close. At 1:12am...this little old lady two machines away from him nailed it! He was, uh...lets just say....FREAKING OUT! I couldn't help but kind of snicker. He is 46 years old, but sometimes I would swear he is 11. Cracks me up.

We went home and Claudia was hosting another 'BIG DEUCE' game while Gabe was overwhelming chipleader in some Full Tilt $11 buy in with 145 players and 35 left. She appeared to be cleaning house on her Big Deuce guests...as they were playing for $10 a card. I declined a spot in the game. Instead of spent an hour cleaning the house and went to bed.

You need someone to rail now that the November Nine are done for the summer? Well, how bout getting behind the "COOLEST MOST NON-PRETENTIOUS RICH GUY YOU WILL EVER MEET" in the WPT Bellagio Cup? Once I would like to see someone spell his name right (sure he would too!)....FRANK KASSELA, who has about 325K and sits in around 7th as the action continues today...they start at noon and play down to 27 today. If he makes the final table he is going to put me up at Bellagio so I can watch him. Frank is from Dallas originally but has been living in Memphis for the last few years....and is married to Piper who is from the Memphis area. I would love to see him go deep. He is the one who staked me in the Venetian 5K. So lets get some Rail Love for Frank there!

I am off to play the noon tourney at the House of Satan....a $120 juice-fest (they take $30 of the $120 for 'fees') at Ceasers Palace. Trying like crazy to win something....ANYTHING...before I leave the City of Sin.

MONKEY

1 comment:

Goondingy said...

Thanks for the insight and I hope this is not the end. Stay strong and do work!