www.gulfcoastpoker.net

Monday, September 28, 2009

Atlantic City follow up...and some other 'stuff'

Okay first of all....and this is kind of depressing...my hits are down. Way down. Like....almost 1,000. What does this mean? I think it means I need to hurry up and snap something off. Plus I did a little accounting today....yikes. It sure goes quick when there is NONE coming in!

Well, I almost had a GLORIOUS Sunday yesterday. I do not play much on Ultimate Bet. There is never anyone on there. And I was already committed to going to Aruba. Just figured I would get there and try to Mega Satellite my way in. I do seem to be running good in that department. Well, then I see a $5 rebuy on UB. That is 20 minutes in. With like 28 players. Its a satellite into their $109 tourney, which is a tourney into their $530 Mega at 8pm. Well...things went well. I took one rebuy...which came on the FIRST hand when I lost with JJ vs AA...and that was it. I took an add-on. So all told, I was in for $15 to win $8500. I would end up winning the $5 rebuy. Only one winner there.

Then I would play the $109. Somewhere around 150 there. 27 winners. I would win that one too. Whoa. This was getting almost interesting/exciting. Then I get in the bathtub at 8pm. I would not get out until I got put out. Early in the game, with Ad4d...I got a flop that was 4 to the flush and got Poker Ho (we all know that person) to bet rather large. I played it coy and flatted. Turned the flush. Nice. Gave him two pair. I checked again. He bet huge. I min raised. He shipped it. I faded the boat. The next 4 levels were frustrating. But then I got a double up with a AA vs AQ, a mini-double with JJ against 99 and managed to float around til we got to 30..then I started sweating.

While this was going on...I was watching TV. Watched a pretty interesting episode of 60 minutes, which featured General Stanley McChrystal...remember, that recent entry of mine about that guy? I was pleased to see that my points were pretty dead on. I was also surprised to see this guy profiled. I admire him. Well, after that ended...it was the season premier of...oh boy! Amazing Race. And guess who two of your contestants are? This was where I snickered...."professional" poker players Maria Ho and....tsk tsk....stop it....hahahahah...quit it....Tiffany Michelle! Ya, apparantly 2 career cashes will now win you title of 'POKER PRO' in this day and age. Thats so awesome. Well, she was pretty much as annoying on the show as she is in person. Here's to rooting for a crash sometime in a future episode.

Back to my plight. I look around at the other table..and oh...guess who the chipleader is? Just Mike Leah. Jeezuz. Everything I get deep in...live OR online...there he is...and always with more chips than me. I am assuming he 'got it done' as he had 20k more than the next closest player. Well, I had one of those moments we all hate. With 16 left...and me sitting on the 14th biggest stack...this guy who had been raising a lot...does it again. And he is one of these assholes who likes to raise stupid amounts. So at 500/1000 (me with 14,500) he raises to 2789. Now...when I look at 8-8 in my hand...I don't really know what to do. We all know this dilemna I think. Smooth call and see a flop? Root for an 8? Push over the top all in and hope no one behind me wakes up? Or that he actually has something this time? My first instinct was to fold. And fold would have been okay. But I also needed badly to get myself a nice pot...to give myself a chance...as only 10 people were going to win this thing. So I smooth call. As it turns out, it was the right thing to do other than folding (the PREFERRED option here!). The guy behind me also calls. Hmmmm. Weird. But he has a lot of chips too....so I don't know. Well, the flop comes Q-4-6 rainbow. The initial raiser checks. Hmmmm. A10? Worse? Check raising? No...not with two behind him. That makes no sense. I am torn. Check...or ship? I ship. Guy behind instacalls. OH FUCK! First guy folds. He has AQ. Ohhhhh nooooooo.........

I fail to hit an 8 and am OUT! Oh I wanted to just drown myself. Granted, a bit earlier...with 18k...this guy had shipped with 7k and I called holding KK. He had AA...I rivered a KING! So right there I would have been crippled. It just felt like I was about to have one of those days of glory in poker!

I had already agreed to buy one of our local online wizard's UB package for $4200...he has won 5 Ive been told, nice! That would save me $1300 over the full price. Nevertheless...to have won that yesterday would have been such a huge swing...a swing of $12,700. And it kept me up last night. Oh well. I played pretty good poker yesterday. Pretty much skipped all the Pokerstars crap. Got deep in the $55 MTT then got assraped about 20 from the money. Standard P.S. B.S.

Uh oh....Im getting the 'come on sweetie...get dressed....lets go!!!' from Squirrel. Just had a very productive day. Getting all the pool payments updated, SLEEPING (for a change) and getting the lawn mowed. We are planning to go check out the newest sushi restaurant that we havent been able to get to yet...CHEF SCOTTS in Ocean Springs. I guess I know him from playing poker with him...is what Squirrel tells me. I hope this is the place to replace SAKI as our old favorite. By the way...in case I haven't mentioned it lately...SAKI SUCKS!!!!

So I guess I need to keep the wife happy and cut this short....I will make another entry, maybe later tonight...with all the follow up to Atlantic City, and some other random shit...as well as a critique of Chef Scott's place!

MONKEY

No comments: