www.gulfcoastpoker.net

Monday, May 18, 2009

End of the Road.....

Special shout out to Ben King for taking a flyer on me and ponied up the full $5150 for me to play this years 2009 New Orleans WSOP Main Event. I appreciate ANYONE taking a shot on me. I tried everything I could to hold on as long as I could. But in the end I just couldn't get cards at the right time to put together a run. KK raise, AK raise, 10-10 raise...all got folds when I really needed double ups. Then I have to get it in with Q10d in desperation mode and run into AK. OUCH!

My little experiment to blog live from the event didn't go so hot either I see. I have no idea how everything got so broken up. Came out looking really bizaare. Don't know if that is a site issue or what. Would like to be able to do it when I am in Vegas...but not if its going to come out looking that screwy!

The bottom line...is that this was, overall, a really solid week for me. I played very well. I made EVERY dinner break except one. I probably played MORE hours of tourney play than any circuit event ever. Which resulted in me playing very few sit n gos, which is rare for me. This was a great, great tourney. Awesome attendance, compared to the rest of the events this year. Fantastic structures. The payouts were flattened out a little, so cashing meant at least a double up of the buy in. It was a lot of fun. I met a lot of new players too. I am, of course disappointed that I didn't get a win and ring...or get deeper in a few of them, and come out of here with between 50 to 100k, instead of about 10k...but hey, a lot of other players would like to say they are leaving town up 10k, right?

Good luck to all the players still in the Main Event. Thanks to all the dealers and floor people who did such a great job. I am in my room at the Hilton banging this out...just had the bellman take my bags down...all I can think about right now is how much I want to go home and see my dogs and spend some quality time with Squirrel. Hope she misses me as much as I've missed her. Next week it's off to Las Vegas...to hopefully have a KICKASS summer. Hopefully in this coming week I will figure out just where in the hell I am staying. Thanks to all of you for your constant support during these deep tourney runs, it means a ton!

SEE YA IN VEGAS!!!!

MONKEY

3 comments:

ReVa said...

Well done sir! Way to hang in there. Hope you and your beautiful woman have some great R&R time. Take care!

Jay said...

Saw a Gabe on WPT the other night with his girlfriend Claudia in the gallery. That would be your friends Gabe and Claudia, right? Good for them. Continued luck to you, sir. Again, I'm a friend of Reid's, and I enjoy reading your blog. Jay M.

Unknown said...

see you in vegas at Venetian!