www.gulfcoastpoker.net

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!!

Hello again.

Still laying in bed at 1pm.

Was debating what to do today, either hit the pool and relax, or go downstairs and play the 1k. Really, the correct move would be to go downstairs and play the 1k, there are around 250 players right now. Still could, but really don't want to miss the whole first level. Although I think the levels are one hour.

I've put a few feelers out, one to one of the floor guys I'm friends with at Ceasers, and a pretty good buddy who was the Tourney Supervisor in New Orleans and a floor supervisor for the WSOP to get feedback on whether Padula the Terrible's actions are going to affect me for WSOP events or not. I got an overall report from what happened at Ceaser's yesterday after they evicted me.

One guy who reads my blog went over there to meet me. Asked where "pokermonkey" was...that he reads my blog, said he asked 'the poker room manager' and said the guy told him I finished 27th, then 'chuckled, and mumbled under his breath....pokermonkey!' Not sure what was so funny about that. Found out from a couple other players that Talibani boy arrived yesterday around noon, two hours before the tourney re-start and went to work on Padula, telling him that he was 'afraid for his safety' if I was allowed to play. I think its absolutely PATHETIC that a guy can just go in there and tell someone whatever he thinks will get another player DQ'ed. I mean, there was not ONE SINGLE floor person or dealer who witnessed me doing ANYTHING threatening to this shithead. NOT ONE. So this 'investigation' that Padula claims to have conducted is a fucking JOKE.

I will be calling the Gaming Commission tomorrow to file a major complaint against Ceaser's Palace and specifically Jim Padula. Then I will email Jeffrey Pollack and Howard Greenbaum from the WSOP. I am not sure what their level of oversight is regarding Ceaser's, but frankly, I don't care if I EVER step foot in Ceaser's again. I really don't. But if this clown makes it so that I can't play on ANY Harrah's property, then I will probably pursue a personal injury lawsuit against him personally. This is my job, my career, and while I can get a little nutso, I KNOW where the lines are, I KNOW what the rules are, and I KNOW when I am out of line. I KNOW when to shut it down or scale it back when things are getting heated too, which is EXACTLY what I did. If this Padula fool hinders my ability to win money and prosper in poker, I will do everything within my legal rights to ruin his career. He had absolutely NO GROUNDS to DQ me yesterday. NO warning from a floor, no penalty, NOTHING. I just show up and get booted? WHY? Everyone is pretty much wondering the same thing I am.

I will fight him. I won't just go down quietly. This guy has demonstrated over and over just how inept he is when it comes to running his poker room. He is kind of the subject of every bad joke among poker room managers and floor people. And if he has been sitting here all summer reading my blog and used yesterday to even the score against me, then he is completely lacking professional objectivity and needs to NOT be running one of the biggest poker rooms in Las Vegas.

I appreciate the supportive emails I got from all of you. Thanks. On a brighter note, Charlie Sewell's kid and I had a 5% save yesterday, and since they did a 5 way chop over there, and he was in on the chop/win, I will have a nice little chunk of additional money coming my way for that tourney. So that's cool. And on another brighter note yesterday, shot over to Wal-Mart and picked up a little money-gram from my tenant in Pensacola, who finally decided to pay her rent!

Oh shit, how did I almost forget this!?? Joe, Mike and I decide to go ahead and play the 7pm nightly at Venetian, and play it in "lets get drunk and have fun mode" so we arrive ON TIME!!!! But whooops, not only is there limited seating due to the big noon event field...but a HUGE fracas breaks out a table in the noon tourney and ALL the floor guys are all assembled at this table. A line, a HUGE line is in the lobby trying to get into the 7pm. We don't do lines. We either call ahead and get registered, or get them to take us when we arrive, always for a little 'house fund.' I'm not saying I'm special or anything....but since I come out here and play EVERY event, and pretty much play every tourney...they feel like its fair to grant me that ONE small favor. And I certainly appreciate it.

So the guy at the desk is hesitant to do it, not wanting to put his job in peril. Makes sense. Tells me to go find one of the floor supes. Well, this whole mess is going on. Jose, a regular player here and a good guy...has been wrapped up in a hand where the dealer wasn't paying attention and somehow mucked a hand on a huge pot with an all in and a call. Not completely SURE how it went down...but at the end of the fracas, Jose is told the decision is going against him...he stands up, takes not only HIS stack but the stacks on his right (one seat) and left (three seat) and pushes them ALL OVER the table. HOLY SHIT! Tim Mix immediately tells him he is 86'd for life! Calls security and he is tossed. His 75k remaining chips (holy shit! He had PLENTY of chips to make that dumb move) are taken out of play....and the players are put on an early dinner break so they can take the time necessary to reassemble all the chip stacks that have just been completely scattered. It was a total mess.

So we get into the tourney. Joe and I make it to the same table. Nice. We start drinking lemon drops like its our job. We are having a LOT of fun. I double up with AA. Then give some back with QQ vs AK. THen double up again when my A2 vs AQ finds a deuce. We all make a last longer bet. Your gonna love this one. The loser has to take one of those stupid boat rides, BY HIMSELF, while the other two get to stand on the bridge taking pictures and laughing at him!!!! On about level 7, Mike walks over to our table...and with a smirk on his face, does a salute and says..."Show me to my ship captain!" It was classic, hilarious. Joe would get it in with A10 and run into JJ. Ooops, but he flops an ace. Lady rivers a JACK. OUCH!

We get down to three tables. First place was about $5k. Would have been a nice little score. But more importantly, it would have been fun to win while having so much fun. Old man min raises for 4k UTG...I look down at 10-10. Again...the tens. I move all in on him for 13k. He calls, with Q9h. Wow. Nice call sir. I flop a set of tens. No straight outs for him. But a heart on the turn gives me that eery feeling....and when he rivers the 7 of hearts I just drop in my chair. Dammmit. Why does it always have to end like this? The bad player making the bad play and getting lucky....again? Grrrrr...whatever.

We go eat. I go to bed. Its now 1:22pm. Going to the pool. Get back after it tomorrow with a Venetian $340 journey!

MONKEY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

money- odd request here. please forward this to kai - as his blog isnt avail for anonymos post. i want 1 share of his main. tell him to please txt me at 770 548 0963
ty
Eric