www.gulfcoastpoker.net

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rough Week in the Poker Room

This is going to be an 'all-over-the-road' blog that I almost expect to be very long...which I am expecting Wild Bill to cut in half...maybe in thirds. I've taken to creating a memo on my Blackberry...and whenever a thought crosses my mind I enter it in there. I am not sure if my bizarre thoughts or ideas are of any use to any of you...or if it provides entertainment. Its a good question. What makes someone share their thoughts with anyone willing to listen? While others will keep all their thoughts buried deep inside the chasms of their mind? Is either one healthy?

After my departure today from the Beau Rivage Saturday tourney...a tourney that ended on the...ahhh...second hand I played. (give it to you quick...sit down, 8 minutes late...2nd hand...limp with KQ spades UTG...get two callers...then a guy who has been known to make a LOT of goofy ass raises early in tourneys...makes another one...from 50 to 350. WTF. BB calls. Well...shit, I'm in there. The flop comes 9s-10s-2h......wow. The raiser makes it 1200. BB folds. We started with 4500 chips. I am either doubling up early in this bitch...or I am getting the I#*@#$(@ out of there. And with THAT many sick outs...I don't care if this guy has AA....which...ummm..is what he had! I raised him...he called what was essentially my all in. Turn a Q...so lets see...going to the river, I am pretty sure I had...15, 17? outs? Regardless...its ME and the BEAU RIVAGE..trying to work together as one...and very predictably...I fail to hit a spade, a Q, a K....a J....yeah.....DONE SON!) Where was I? Yes...l race out to my car...which was STILL in the valet lane...perfect, and convenient. I call the I.P. which is about 4 minutes from closing registration in their noon tourney. Whoever answered the phone is being 'less than helpful' so I finally get someone I know on the phone...and he holds me a seat. BTW...I haven't forgotten the reason for this paragraph....its about a text message I got from my friend, Terry Lake Garner..who is still back at the Beau sitting at the table I just vacated. I will get there. I get to the I.P. and pay my $130...just like I just paid at the Beau Rivage.

I'm going to tell you how this tourney went. And I'm going to tell you a few things about the I.P. I will start with the tourney. I play the first 6 levels almost flawlessly. I go to showdown only a few times...winning one (AK vs KK...river an A) losing one...when I was priced into a call. The rest of the day I was mostly raising and winning. Or raising limpers and winning. We got down to 2 tables. It was only paying 6...as there were only 38 registered players (more on this later). With 13 left...and me holding 25K...and the blinds 800/1600....shortstack...first to act....MOVES ALL IN...for $7700. This is where I made my first crucial error. I hate calling coin flip situations for more than 15-20% of my stack..as you all know. I had enough to probably at least make the money. But with the structure being as bad as it was...I probably NEEDED to make that call. This guy could NOT have had a very decent hand to be open shoving right there. Sure enough...he shows me A7 D. Oh....yeah....I was holding A10 C. Dammit. At the time I was thinking more in terms of what losing $7700 would mean as opposed to what getting my stack to $32K would mean. Bottom line...I KNEW I was ahead...and the only payout that was worth a shit was 1st place...$1300. The rest was just chump change. So I should have MADE that call.

Well, we get to the final table...and I still have around 22K. Second hand I get 10-10...and Stan (who deals part time...you will see him at the Beau Rivage in a couple weeks. Stan is a really, really great guy, and a strong poker player. An older gentleman. As a dealer...well...I hope they have the auto shuffler on all the tables at the Beau for this next event) raises UTG...and I am like....SHIT! I deliberate over this...and finally lay down tens. Way I figured it...I had 22K...he has about 18K. If I raise there is no way he is folding. If I call...the 4500...that puts me in rougher shape...and just about NEED to flop a 10. So...showing the other side of the table my cards (I think it helps to let them see how strong of a laydown I am capable of...good for later, I HOPE) I fold...and a couple of them kind of gasp. Whoaaaa...no wayyyyy! Its called a good laydown, Donkeys! BB folds. Stan shows QQ. The dealer sort of glanced at the flop cards...and whispered to me that I would have been screwed. The BURN CARD was the 10! So I sit there...and go card dead....for about three orbits. I find myself slowly blinding out. There are 7 left. Old Man Coke Bottle Glasses...who has been irritating everyone all day...he stands up most of the time...brings his cards up, off the table...to within an inch of face...then acts. Constantly asking "how much is it to call?" He has made some of the screwiest calls...some of the screwiest plays...then somehow goes on this ridiculous tear...and is close to chipleader. I need to win a pot! Heads up in the blinds...he limps in. I look at 10-6 h and check. Flop comes A-K-6....he checks. I bet 2500. HE CALLS! Great. I'm dead. Turn was I don't know. he checks. I check. River is a Q. He checks. I almost move in...but decide...you know what? He is going to call with ANYTHING....I check. He rivered the Q. yeah he stayed in with the gutshot. Why not!?? DAMMIT! So now, feeling the heat....in the SB....it folds around to me...and I am sitting there with 9-10 suited...and about 6500 in the pot. "I'm all in!" "I call" "NOOOOOOOO!!!!" He turns over AJ h. Ugh...nice hand sir. Flop...AJK. Lovely. QUEEN PLEASE? NO NO...lets put a J on the turn...drawing dead.....OUT 7th...BUBBLE BOY!!!!!! SON OF A BITTTTTTTCCCHHHHHHH!!!!! I blew it! IF I make the call with A10 c....and get all those chips, I first of all don't make the move on old man coke bottle rims. Then with the 9-10..I limp in....he raises, and I fold. So pissed. On a day when it looked like I would perhaps run over the field...I don't even cash! I stand by my belief that I have the hardest, most stressful job in America. Right behind the President.

Now lets talk about the I.P. I ask...when are these guys going to pull their head out of their ass and put a decent product on the table? OOOps...sorry if that came off as sounding like a HARSH preamble! This MOVE they have been talking about...moving the poker room to the main level...has been in the works now for...what? A year? Or does it just seem like a year? That room up there is akin to a cave. Minus Yogi and Booboo. Actually, I think I saw BooBoo at the final table today. I have had this conversation with Ronnie so many times I am not bringing it up again. I surrender. I literally will ONLY play tourneys at the IP when I bust out early enough at the Beau to allow me to get over there in time. The structure there is REEEEE-diculous! What's funny...is the first 6 levels are great. 25/50, 50/100, 100/200...then 100/200 with a 25 ante. Love that bonus round that so many leave out now. 150/300 with 50. 200/400 with 75. 300/600 with 100. Then...when you have been playing pretty well...it dawns on you...HOLY SHIT...if I don't have 20,000 chips here...I AM DEAD! Because that is where it turns into a "who is gonna get hit with the deck and have their hands hold up against shortstack guy going all in with A4, A8, K10......crap! CONTEST."
Because then the structure goes from 3/6 to 500/1000. (Forget 400/800). Then lets just go to 800/1600. (Never mind 600/1200). Lets go to 1000/2000 next, okay, obviously. But then hey...why not jump right to 2000/4000. Then 4000/8000. FORGET IT. That's when it becomes a running joke. Reward the good players early....then just KICK THEM IN THE FACE! I talked to Ronnie about it in the spring and I was pretty sure he said "we would work on it," well no work has been done...and every PLAYER who calls himself a PLAYER....that I talked to....HATES IT! Its a structure designed to get the thing over. We get to the Final Table and the first thing they do is tell us what a 10-way chop would pay. Suggestive? Yeah..ya think? I could understand if there were tables filled in the poker room...and them wanting to free up the last table. But there is always like MAYBE 3 or 4 cash games running. Its a joke. And I'm a little sick of their 'rabbit-eared' dealers too. While there are a handful of dealers there who I really, really like...there are those ones...you know the ones. Hate their job. Hate the players. Basically just hate life. You will misplay a hand...be mad at yourself...and mumble to yourself something like...."jeezuz...I'm an idiot...fuuuuck me!" which invites the scorn of Bugs Bunny...."watch your language sir!" Let me remind you dealers...when they make the announcement regarding language..its stressed that language is NOT TO BE DIRECTED at OTHER PLAYERS or used in an abusive or offensive manner! When I am CURSING AT MYSELF FOR GODS SAKE...and no one else is listening.....but YOU....its time for you to shuffle up the freaking cards and deal out another hand! GOT IT!???

Start times! This is a corporate pissing contest. I almost wish The Beau Rivage would just take the initiative and start their Saturday and Sunday tourneys at 2pm. But why should they? They have a better product. And they started their tourney schedule first. Its the same exact thing that the morons at Ceaser's Palace did this summer. Why start a tourney at noon, when your competitor is starting THEIRS at noon? It's stupid! Do you realize the Tournament Player Pool in this town is pretty shallow? By starting at the same time you are mainly shooting yourself in the foot...but in essence you are hurting EVERYONE! Start your damn tournaments at 2 or 3 pm! Most of the players will play at noon at the Beau. Your regulars will continue to play at your site. But what you will get is the players who bust out from the Beau from 12 to 3. And extend your deadline to get in; to TWO levels. ONE LEVEL and you stop taking players? That is ALSO ridiculous! I'm just curious...aren't you guys TRYING TO MAKE MONEY!??? There is nothing impressive about going to a Saturday tournament that has 38 total players. Its embarrassing! Bad Structure. Bad attendance. Bad product. I think when they move the room, they have a REAL SHOT to change things over there...and if they do, I will talk them up just as much as I am talking them DOWN right now. It works both ways. I am not afraid to throw a punch. But I am also not afraid to throw praise. And right now...they deserve very little over there. One good thing about the IP, that I discovered at their last event in March...they redid all the rooms over there. The regular rooms look much better. The suites are totally KICK ASS and gorgeous. And the best part of the IP is their Day Spa. For $15...you can go in there...all day...use the gym, use the steam room, which is amazing...use the spa....and their hot tub has a cascading waterfall that hits you at the neck and shoulders...its amazing. It is the ultimate way to spend a dinner break in a poker tourney. In fact, I will probably pack my bathing suit all during the Beau Rivage tourneys...and should I make the dinner break (I better make them ALL!!!!) I will hot foot it over to IP and chill in the spa for the hour. And they also re-did their pool up on the roof...its also pretty kickass...big huge screen TV...and by huge...I mean...HUGE....on the wall at the end of the pool. Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon during football season. Or for that matter a Saturday. THere ya go I.P. the MONKEY has given you some GOOD P.R. to go with the shitty P.R. You are welcome! Oh and also, the valet workers are VERY, VERY friendly...even if it does take a long time to get your car most of the time. Make sure you always have a good book with you!

This entry is getting long. The text message from Lake reads something like this......"maybe if you spent as much time working on your good qualities, you would get farther in life" something like that. Basically, he was telling me that my attitude sucked today, and that a lot of players were making mention of it while I was leaving the Beau Rivage tourney. Only a friend tells you stuff like that. One thing about me...I NEVER get mad at friends when they tell me ANYTHING perceived as negative. That is why they are my friends. Its kind of like having the mirror talking back to you. That make sense? Lake is one of the chattiest, most annoying players you will ever sit next to. Half the players like him, half the players cant stand him. Its like that with me I think as well. Though, through time a lot of players have taken the chance to GET TO KNOW ME...and have discovered I'm not really THAT much of an asshole. The rest...who still think I am an asshole....I don't really give a rat shit about. Life is too damn short to try and win over EVERYONE. But if I can win over, say....85% of the poker community...I'm pretty okay with that. Lake is a nut. I like him. He dresses like me. We have the same sense of humor. He's a good looking guy...with a good looking wife. I identify with him. I like his style of play...although it gets him in trouble a lot. But see, Lake is very successful in life. He's a dentist. He owns a lot of property. He has other ventures. And he just seems LUCKY. He has won the drawing for the Mercedes at his country club up in Hattiesburg THREE times. He is just a lucky son of a bitch! He is famous for calling me or texting me about his bad beats. ON the way to Vegas...he has one...that I basically polled everyone in the car on...and we all decided that it wasn't a bad beat...that he had just played it bad. Plus I think he might have changed how it went down. It was pretty funny. He is like a kid sometimes. Some day soon...Lake is going to win something huge...and it will happen because he gambles...and because he has good poker instincts. It will happen. Mark my word. And in regards to his text message....he's right! I tend to be very moody and attitudinal sometimes. Usually when I am sober, usually early in the day. I hate losing. I hate losing especially when I lose against a player who had NO BUSINESS being in the hand. I think from my life growing up in sports...it made me VERY, VERY competitive. In poker, there has to be that ability to just lose, and very cool-like...shake the guys hand, wish everyone luck...and scoot on out. No cursing my bad luck, inability to EVER hit a draw....getting flustered at the DEALER WHO ALWAYS COOLERS ME....just.....showing my ass. And I have gotten BETTER. And that is because I won an amount of money that allows me to lose....pretty much for the rest of the year before I have to consider a REAL JOB again. When you win, and put the money away, like I did...it alleviates the stress a great amount. But what it doesn't alleviate, is my burning desire to finish FIRST every time I play. I desperately do NOT want to be in ANY SHAPE OR FORM...like Phil Hellmuth. Because then it doesn't matter how good you do, how many people you help outside of poker...how nice you are to your wife...how great you are to your friends.....all they are going to remember about you...and talk about...is what a jackass you are at the table.

Does all this make sense? I think...possibly, that I have some manic depressive issues. And I hate medication as a solution. But I don't know....maybe its a necessity. I just want you all to know...I am trying really hard to NOT be a jerkoff. And its never personal. I think those of you who are my friends KNOW that when I am your friend....I am a GOOD friend...and when I am your adversary....yikes. Its not pretty. Squirrel knows this...and thinks its terrible. She has....pretty sure....NO enemies or adversaries. Everyone likes her. She is constantly counseling me on being more likeable...on representing myself better. She is, of course...always RIGHT. Sometimes...I just get to the point...and there are certain people involved....where I just DONT CARE! And I know its wrong...but it is what it is. So basically...when a friend sends me a text message telling me that I acted like a fucking jerkoff....I appreciate it. If you are a guy who I cant stand, and YOU tell me that...we are going to the parking deck!

My overall week sucked. Took Monday off. Tuesday Squirrel got off work early and we went to dinner...then played some cash game at the Hard Rock again. It was a pretty juicy game...and I actually hit a few draws. We had some terrible Red Snappers...still cant figure out why so many bartenders struggle with the snapper....and when we cashed out I was up $400. Finally, a good cash game session. The next night...Wednesday...played at the Beau Rivage. Ugh. Had a hand I should have called with...that I folded...had a hand I should have folded...and called. Then the tourney ended when this goofy bastard who was wearing his DeepStacks Extravaganza polo shirt (that they were giving away in Vegas for playing...NO ONE wears those things...especially to a poker room...WEAK!!!!) raises $1100 with the blinds 150/300..in middle position...I KNEW I should have re-raised him...holding 66....but don't...the flop comes 4-4-8.....he bets...an amount that just felt like a continuation bet. I move all in on him. He calls and rolls over the ALWAYS POWERFUL K-8!!!!!!!! HUH!???? Ridiculous! That tourney might have been on Thursday. I've lost track. But what I do remember is going down to the cash game....again, a MISTAKE! I sit down at a table that had every kind of dynamic at it. Jason Gladdens girlfriend Jen sits next to me half way through it and we have fun clowning the bad half of the table. One guy....Jen labels...the FREAKING REEEEETARD....made more bad calls than any player I've seen in a cash game in a long time. I was in for 300 and quickly got felted...when Old Guy rivers a flush on me. NICE! I go out...punch a slot machine....sit alone for awhile....wave off three cocktail waitresses...then go back in...rebuy for 200. For two hours...I cant get it over 300. Then...Mark...who always does well for me...moves in...as I was about to leave with 200. But I decide to give him a shot for half an hour. Mark rocks. I move my chip stack to 550. He leaves. All I need is to get to 650 and I'm even counting my tourney buy in. Melinda is moving in. I like Melinda...like her a lot. She's cute, she's funny...she's a good dealer...she's FUN. What I don't like is how bad she KILLS ME in cash game. I KNEW I should have left right then and there. But NOOOOOOOOOO.....I don't....and half an hour later...after two coolers and a bad beat....me and Melinda leave the table at the same time. Me with NO MONEY...her to a new table. I probably hurt her feelings...and for that I am sorry. Its not her fault, I KNOW. She just takes them out of that damn shuffler and fires them around the table. I still like her. But what is it about CERTAIN dealers that just NEVER produce for you??? Is it just me? Cheryl says I am being STUPID. But I don't know...I talk to a lot of you...and I think there is something to it. Well, regardless, I get in my car...and go home. Cheryl knows to leave me alone.

Thursday.....played again. LOST. Don't remember how. Doesn't matter. What matters is that I tried this time to get my buy in back by playing video poker. I bought in for $100. Cheryl comes by...and is like...WHAT THE HELL!??? You bought in for $100!!!??? We aren't rich Souther! Yeah Yeah...I want to hit a Royal Flush! I now have ROYAL FLUSH FEVER...uh oh. While she is standing there I hit a 4 of a kind...and chip up to $127.50...which is as high as I would get. I end up losing it all. I go home. Moping. Meanwhile...on the same day...Rick...crazy rooster...is up early...at the Beau....hitting TWO royal Flushes within an hour of each other...and is drinking his new favorite drink...the Royal Flush (imagine that) a takeoff of the Red Snapper. He also made a Final Table at the Ip and then another one at the Beau this week....so he has had a great week.

I was going to play Friday...but had one of those...woke up...felt and looked like crap...and passed. Played online all day instead. And ran errands. I have discovered this cool new program...you get it at www.pokerprolabs.com and its called Tournament Shark. Its not real user friendly...tough to use really....I had issues downloading it...after I purchased it. Finally ended up getting a credit/return for it. Then they send me a 6 month free membership. I figure out that for me to download a lot of things on my computer I have to completely DISABLE my MacAfee software...not sure why...but its the hangup. So I download it and try again. Played sit n gos all night using it. What you do basically is enter everyone's username in a box...and it gives you each players ranking...and all of their results. Its pretty cool...I mean it doesn't HELP you win or anything..but it sure lets you know who the GAWD awful players are and who the good ones are. And its amazing how differently you will play a hand against a donkey as opposed to a tough player. So I recommend it, as much disdain as I have for the online poker experience lately...its one thing that may really help us GOOD players!!!! Check it out. I am not sure if I am going to play the Sunday tourney at the Beau tomorrow. I imagine I will probably...we shall see how I feel when I wake up. The lawn really needs to be mowed! I've saved my random RANTS for the end of my blog today......

- Didn't people quit putting their gum under tables in like, 5th grade??? I swear to God, if I pull my knee from the bottom of the table in any poker room ONE MORE TIME and gum comes with it....someone is getting a lap full of chips!!!!!!

- Facebook is kickass. MySpace is okay. While browsing on MySpace at the Rounder magazine site I noticed Denise Milani....who has, I swear...the greatest body of any woman on Earth. Holy Shit. In her 'pictures' she has like 100+ photos...she doesn't take a BAD picture. But...in watching her videos...I came to the conclusion that she is a fucking moron. Thank God! I knew there had to be a catch! But wow....what a body!

- Is it just me? Have you ever come to one of those concrete median/crossing areas...that's either concrete, or grass...and they are in such horrible shape...that if you HAD landscaping equipment in your car...like a weedeater, an edger...some ROUNDUP...wouldn't you just park your car and FIX that whole area? It makes me crazy!

- Why do they put those boxes on wheels that tells you how fast you are going on your street? It cracks me up. They don't take pictures and send you a ticket. They just TELL YOU how fast you are going. Yet, it never fails...everyone SLOWS DOWN! Not ME! To me its like telling me how fast I can throw a fastball! It just makes me drive as fast as I can to see what kind of reading I can get!!!! people are so stupid!

- Is it my imagination, or are WOMAN 20 times worse drivers while talking on their cell phone than guys are?

- Sonic has nights where there are a HUGE number of bikers meeting in their parking lot. Whether they are eating or not, I don't know. And what's up...with the price of gas...is EVERYONE riding motorcycles now? Maybe I need to go buy a Harley. So yeah...its kind of cool. So what does Ruby Tuesday...who are two blocks over do? Yeah..you know it...they hang up this gay-ass banner across the front of the restaurant touting TUESDAY as BIKER NIGHT! lets all say it together.........FUCCCCKKKIIINNNN RRRRIIIDDDDIIICCCCUULLLOOOUUSSSS! Lets all go PARK our BIKE outside....of RUBY TUESDAYS....go inside....and uh....sit around awkwardly doing whatever a biker does whenever he is away from his bike!!!!

- Home Depot. A store that is as big as three football fields. Orange aprons running every which way. But when you are standing there needing something....all you hear are crickets and coyotes. Need to check out? You are parked on the side that has returns and COMMERCIAL check out....and the ONLY OTHER check out that is open....is ALL THE WAY ON THE OTHER SIDE of the STORE! OH...unless you want to use the AUTOMATiC checkout! Who has ever used one of those and had it WORK!?? I am SICK of you HOME DEPOT!

- Ebay. Bidding on items is a racket. There is a price. You bid. Try again. You bid. TRY again! You finally get top bidder status...then at the last minute...you LOSE! Its an insult to my intelligence. LOOK....I am trying to find PLAYSTATION 3...the 60..that's SIxTY GB version...the only one that has true backward compatibility in it...meaning it plays all 85 of my PS2 games!!!! SONY has very coyly taken them off the market. They are very hard to find. Its the only way they can make new revenues off of their games...since they are running out of ideas apparently for new games. It pisses me off! SONY...you suck! EBAy..you suck too!

- How bout when you are in a traffic jam....and you are trying to get over...so that, you know, you can TURN!!!!!....and there is that weasel in the next lane...who just WILL NOT let you over!??? WHY???? Where is he going? Traffic is at a standstill!!!!! I just want to get out of my car and punch that guy in his throat! That is when I am glad I have a big SUV....I just take ownership of that lane...and HOPE he gets out of his car.........bring it on mother@(*#&#*(#@

- After you go to a concert....and someone from the venue sends you a questionnaire...asking you to fill it out...that it will only take 5 minutes.....IMMEDIATELY DELETE THAT EMAIL!!!! DO NO FILL IT OUT! It doesn't take 5 minutes...it takes more like an hour!!!!!!

- Who does the writing for the show 'CHEATERS' ???? Listening to the guy describe the whole 'experience' makes me more hostile towards the guy doing the VO (voice over) than the guy they catch cheating! "the cozy couple enters the pool hall, showing unbridled affection for one another on their way in...without a care in the world. Our gumshoe investigator follows their actions as our suspect makes a call to his mate, who is at home unaware of her boyfriends act of betrayal!" (*@#$@(*#&$@(#*$ WHO CARES!!!!!!!

- How much worse could Brett Favre have destroyed his reputation? I have always liked him as the player. Through a few acquaintances its been brought to my attention that he is not the GREAT GUY most think he is. Regardless, I always liked and respected him as a player. That is all mostly GONE. THE JETS? The SUPERBOWL? GOOD LUCK! He will go there, pad his stats for two years...make a few commercials, living in the Big Apple...and become a laughingstock to diehard NFL fans. He wont win SHIT in NY. GB finally caved in, told him "fine, report to camp...the QB job is open...compete for it, its all on you" which is the BEST thing GB management could have done. A cant lose. He wins the job ( a given probably) and plays well, makes the playoffs....THEY BOTH WIN...the fans are happy...Brett is happy, Management is happy. Cool. HE plays badly...he gets benched...Aaron Rodgers takes over...management saves face, Favre is the loser. But Brett contends that they 'hurt his feelings!' Buddy...you QUIT! They gave your job to the next guy in line! You screwed up a lot of people's plans! HURT YOUR FEELINGS!!!??? COME ON! GET over it. I just don't think he could handle going in there and failing. So he took the easy way out. Now if it goes to shit in NYJ he can blame a lot of other things...the system, the coaches, the receivers...the chemistry...the plays...whatever. Couldn't do that in GB. Its a cop out! Who I feel really bad for is Aaron Rodgers. I hope to god this kid has an awesome year....even takes them to the Super Bowl. It would be great.

- The Yankees trade away this Karstens kid and he hasn't given up a run...in fact he almost threw a PERFECT game for the Pirates! I love it! So their pitching still sucks...and they still cant manage to outscore everyone! Boston and LA both win with that trade....Manny is happy to get outa Boston...is tearing up the NL...and Jason Bay has played great for the SOX...wouldn't it be a great World Series? Boston vs. LA? Rematch of the NBA finals? Though I am rooting for a CHICAGO CUBS vs. CHICAGO WHITE SOX...or Boston...or NYY...something we haven't ever seen. Tampa Bay is a nice story...but they can wait.

- Meanwhile...this is the FIRST time I have ever seen TWO HOT chicks on Cheaters....they are usually heinous...fat and pathetic...but these girls are both smokin hot...and now they are duking it out in the parking lot! Sweet...and what is funny is watching Joey "Nice Career" Greico trying to keep them separated!

- The Olympics. Nice start. An American and his wife get stabbed...husband dies. Russian military is bombing the shit out of Georgia. The air is like LA back in the 80's. Good place to be. Good times. No one watches anymore. No one cares. No one can separate the clean athletes from the dirty ones. Why get excited about an event or an athlete when they might win and come up dirty? One of our best swimmers tests positive...and you KNOW she is innocent...she is totally getting hosed by someone. I'm sick of the whole mess of the Olympics. Way too much money is spent to GET them....way too much is spent to put them on.....they leave...then what? NOTHING? I saw it in Atlanta. It was a joke how that city sucked the IOC's weeny to get those games. It didn't do a DAMN thing for Atlanta. Hurry up and get them over with and lets get on with FOOTBALL!!!!

- Why is it that the ONE day you leave your sunroof open in the driveway...with nary a cloud in the sky...is the day it decides to POUR RAIN???? After you have gone to bed!

- BOTH of my 16 member Fantasy Leagues filled up in less than a week...an all new record. My other pools are filling up quick! Of course there is no limit on players on those. Everyone is welcome to get in there....send me an email to ThePoolMonkey@aol.com if you are interested. Ive got the NCAA Survivor Pool starting in three weeks...then the NFL SURVIVOR POOL ($25 per entry) the NFL SURVIVOR POOL ($100 per entry) and the NFL/NCAA CONFIDENCE POOL ($100 per entry)....its going to be an awesome season!!!!!

That's it gang....time for me to log on to Pokerstars and see if I can get my win on! Hope you are having a great weekend. Cant wait for the Gulf Coast tournament to get here!

MONKEY BOY......OUT!

No comments: