www.gulfcoastpoker.net

Friday, November 13, 2009

FRIDAY THE 13th!!! And I'm feeling freaky!!!!

First...thanks to those who had my back vs. that stupid comment guy. Whoever he is. It didn't really bother me ALL that much. Just makes me wonder sometimes what makes people so ugly. Strange.

This WILL be quick...as I insist on being on time today. Its 11:17am. I got like 8 hours of sleep last night. FINALLY! Wow! Didn't even notice the front page until just now. Nice of Bill and Gene to give me big billing on the front page for winning a wussie little 7pm tourney....but thanks boys! And yea...it sure did to feel good to win a nice little tourney after just stepping off the plane.

Lots of cool people and good players out here. The structure is a bit different. Like some parts of it, dislike other parts of it. It all kind of depends on what kind of a chip stack you have at each level I guess. They DID fix the payout structure which is nice, and long overdue. So now in the $350 when you cash you dont win $420....a joke, but about $750...which is at least double your buy in.

Just heard that Jeffrey Pollack is FINISHED as Commissioner for the WSOP. I am going to dance around this news. But let me say this. It was him who had me bounced from the RIO last summer. Why? Well, Pedula claims to have only 86'd me from Ceasers...which is true. But on the same day...Pollack mysteriously disappears from my Facebook as a friend...and then, later...I am told that Pedulla called over to him...told him what transpired at Ceasers (which was NOTHING) and 'suggested' that he consider not letting me on their property. Well, Pollack, who had NEVER met me...other than at a Bluff Magazine party...where he came off as friendly...looks into my file, sees some 'incidents' that had taken place (albeit 3 and 4 years prior) at Harrahs up in Tahoe and at New Orleans Harrahs and determines this to be a good enough reason to have me 86'd. It was completely ridiculous. And then he decides to completely ignore my emails. I have a name for people like that. You all can guess what it is.

Back to this trip. I had a lousy Wednesday. Thats all I'm going to say. And yesterday was sucking too. Played till 6 pm in the nooner. Then get short. Have to get it in with 55. Run into AK. Flop produces nothing. Turn gives him a gutshot....he asks for, and gets...a Jack on the river to knock me out. Boooo! I go play the 7pm tourney. I lose. On the river again. Boooooo! I go eat dinner with Jason Young and 'Acap' at Grand Luxe. Delicious as always. Met Jason's girlfriend. Georgous young lady. They seem very happy together. They go to a movie, invite me...but I need a win of some kind. To get my head right.

So I go play an $80 SNG. I know I know...but its all they have. I will keep it simple. I win. I was chipleader with 4 left...by a lot...and the shit hit the fan. Double up shortstacks three seperate times, every time with the best hand...and figure...yep...this is me getting fucked again! But then I pull of the comeback..and take it down...for $380. Then play one more...and win that one too, for another $390. These totals include the last longer...which I won on both, obviously. So the day ends with a nice profit, and the taste of victory back in my mouth.

And here we are. Friday the 13th! Sweet! I won on Halloween last year! And almost again on this year! I think on days of freakiness, I reign supreme! I hope this is the case today! I feel so good, having slept, having had a good meal last night. Everything feels right. I bought in last night and have a great seat. Now I just need to have a day when everything goes right...and oh yeah, play good!!!!

The weather out here is PERFECT. About 65 to 70 everyday. Slight breeze blowing. Sunny. The nights are nice and cool. I love it out here this time of year. I want to win something big in the next three days then fly Squirrel out here for her two days off next weekend. Thats the plan anyway! Hope you all have a great friday the 13th, and a fun weekend! Hope to have some exciting reports here soon!!!!

MONKEY

No comments: