www.gulfcoastpoker.net

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Really tired, really burnt....and HEY! How bout those COPS at the front door at 8am!!!!!

Quick update cuz I am bushed.

Again...today sucked balls. Completely dominated my table for 8 levels, never had less than twice the average. Then, low and behold...it happened. Level 9. Again. Level 9.

Guy with 80k raises light under the gun. Folds to me in the SB. I have AK off. Decide to play it cautious. BB calls also. I have 42K, average at this point is now 28k. Flop comes K-5-7. Rainbow. Check to the guy. He bets out. I just call. After hesitating...acting like I am drawing. Turn is another K! I check again. He bets, quite a bit. Now I decide to raise...thinking he can't possibly put me on a king now. What does he do? He puts me all in.

Jeezuz. I can't fold. I call. He turns over 55. Oh come on! Really? Shit. I don't fill up on the river. And just like that...after 5 hours of kicking ass...I am OUT!

Play at 7pm. Same shit. Lose in Level 5. Do NOT play any SNGs.

Just browsing these reader comments. Decided to publish a bunch of them against my better judgement. Um...regarding my wife playing in the freeroll? Not sure, but that feels like some kind of a slam. No, she did not play in it. The thing about the ring? Yeah...not sure if that is serious either. But if so, I have no interest in buying a stupid circuit ring. Winning one? Great. Buying one? No sir. What were the other comments? I don't know. Again, really tired.

Monday night...went out with Jason Young and Acap and his girlfriend. Went down to South Pointe....played Blackjack for about an hour....while slamming Jager Bombs. Then went to the bowling alley and bowled two games. Well, check that. One and a half. After numerous trick shots, and shots based on dares...including behind the back shots, laying on the back and tossing over the head shots...lobbing from one lane to the other....lefty shots, you name it...we tried it. The big, fat nasty girl working at the front desk...who totally lacked (a) sense of humor and (b) personality, decided to shut us down. Not like we didn't really see that coming!!!

Why is Sarah Palin still getting all this publicity? Is it because her book just came out? I mean...okay, she is kind of hot. But really? Enough is enough isnt it?

I am about to go to bed. Tomorrow is another $350. You guys ready for the big story? Well, I am going to leave you hanging...because I can't keep my eyes open. Okay maybe I will just tell you.

Squirrel was woken up this morning by two cops banging on the door at 8am. Why? Lets just say....I went Fight Club/Tyler Durden on a collections rep/asshole from Chase Manhattan the other morning...after the 3rd day in a row of calling me at 6:45am. I may have told the guy that if he called me one more freaking time before 7am..."I will hunt you down...find you in your cubicle, and firebomb your ass!!!!" Apparantly, this twerp put in the leg work to contact the authorities and pursue 'terroristic threat' charges against me. How stupid! Well, Squirrel didn't find it very funny. And frankly, it wasnt a very nice way for her to wake up.

Why did this happen? Okay I will just tell you. See, I have had a Chase Manhattan Visa and MC account for 6 years. I pay them on time EVERY month...and always pay more than the minimum payment. Well, I carry a couple of rather large balances on some other accounts like AMEX and Bank of America. For some damn reason, Chase decides that because of this...despite not having ANY late payments on ANY of my bills, ever....that its a good idea to CLOSE my ACCOUNT! Yeah! Just close them. So when I call...all pissed off, they basically blow me off. Okay, fine...I just won't pay you then. Not a penny. Affect my credit? Whatever. Their going to send it to collections? Big deal. So now they have some dork call me early in the morning...."Hi this is Bobby the Retard calling from Chase. Is this William Souther? I am calling about your overdue payment." "Oh really Bobby? Well like I told the assholes who called the last 8 times...you guys fucked yourself. You will get NOTHING from me! Good luck! Might as well sell this one off to a collection agency. In which case I will blow them off, until they forward it to yet ANOTHER collection agency. This will repeat itself about 3 times, until finally...the debt will be useless. It will just vanish! So good luck asshole! You guys are idiots!"

When I got the cop on the phone...the guy was actually really cool. I explained the situation. He was very understanding, claiming to have gone through this type of thing. Told me to be careful what I tell these weasels...that anything having to do with FIREBOMBING is never going to be recieved very well. But he told me  everything was fine. Whewwwww! So that is over.

Oh...almost forgot. Larry Barnett called me two days ago...while I was playing the Saturday tournament. Larry from New Orleans. After talking to 3 of their high management people over there, it appears that he has managed to get that ridiculous '86' on me lifted, thus clearing the way for me to return for the December event. Thats pretty cool!

Oh and by the way...to whoever that person was making the comment that I had nothing to do with the good structures last May? Who are you? Why would you say that when you have no effing clue what you are talking about? I absolutely had everything to do with those improved structures. And if you don't believe me, ask Jason Lipscomb and/or Steve Frezer.

OMG...what is worse than being almost as hungry as you are tired at 3am? Not a good combo.

I think that is it.

I am sure ready to freaking win something here. Tired of getting coolered or sucked out on...its really, really getting old.

MONKEY

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the love of god, if you are going to continue to talk about hands you played, atleast tell us what the blinds are. The avg stack doesnt mean shit, and its sad that you think it does. Its tough for us to feel sorry for you when you say something along the lines of "I had 83k and this donkey shoves 100k with 52off and sucks out against my AA ohmygodohmygod blah blah blah"

That example doesnt mean shit had you told us the blinds were 20k/40k. All that tells us is your nit, which we already know. But had you said you and him were 70bb deep, then we might have a little sympathy.

Your blog provides great humor, from your off the felt antics to your recap of hands, just please start including what the blinds are because it only increases the humor.

And please dont call someone a good player when they flat a 3bet oop and float a flop oop with a gutshot. Thanks.

H2Ronnie said...

Here we go again with this chicken shit idiot, You know time and time again Monkey has shown he is a man by posting the trash you put on here. When all he would have to do is delete it. But it seems that you have this weird stalker thing going on here. It seems like all you have to do is sit by the computer and read everything he has to post. Then make out like your some kind of superstar and rip everything he does!!!!

Tell us about some of your poker skills!!! I just checked to see if you had a blog but cumgarglerpoker.com was not taken so hurry up and start posting CG i'm looking forward to reading !!!

Gary J. said...

He has a point Monkey. I know that you are just giving us the whole picture, but the average chip stack should not matter at all in your own mind while playing the tournament.

THE ONLY THING that matters are the chips at your table

Sofa King We Todd Did said...

Congrats on not getting 86'd for life for no good reason. Cant wait for New Orleans. I may only play the 9pm tournaments but those were pretty big last time.

Stephanie said...

Just curious, wondering why, if these people hate you so much, they are taking time out of their "miserable" day to read your blog. Lol, just saying. For those of us who have played at the table with you and seen your results (i.e, wins) we know you are a solid player and a nice, funny human being. So don't let these "anonymous" people get you down Monk, just take their dribble with a grain of salt, cause that's all it's worth.

Steph (not anonymous)