Spent all day in bed Wednesday trying to kick my cold. Didn't work.
Got a text from a buddy wanting to buy me in to LAPC mega if I could make it over. Hmmmm. Enticing.
Joe and his buddy Chris Bonita rented a car to drive over so I hitched a ride. After a nice, slightly cramped little 4 hour drive, we arrived. The Commerce Hotel was sold out, so we found a decent price at Embassy Suites 5 miles away, and its a real nice room.
We just arrived at Commerce. Its the first time I have ever been here. I guess its about what I expected. Like a big 'ol Bingo Hall.
Just registered for the last $1050 Mega satellite into the 10k Main Event.
As I look around the room I see a lot of good players. Good! I like that. It would be nice to just blow into town and lock up a seat.
I really hope it doesn't take all night. It would be nice to at least be 'semi-fresh' for tomorrow, should I get in. Plus I'm still trying to shake this damn cold.
If I don't win the Mega, I anticipate just heading for Reno. Maybe take a day here and go hang out with my old NYC roomie/bud Chris Bruno.
Ya never know, maybe someone will fall out of the woodwork and put me in. But I never count on those kind of things.
Joe was talking about a possible invite to some party at the Playboy Mansion Saturday night. That might be worth hanging around an extra day for. Plus, what kind of friend would I be to make him go to that alone!???
Monkey
Las Vegas Voter Guide (For Progressives)
-
LAS VEGAS VOTER GUIDE (FOR PROGRESSIVES) It occurred to me that many
voters (like me) want to vote for progressive candidates in most, if not
all ele...
10 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment