www.gulfcoastpoker.net

Sunday, July 19, 2009

HOME FROM VEGAS!!!!

Ahhhhhhh. Got home sooner than I thought I would. Stopped in Baton Rouge to visit my longtime buddy Charlie "Smoke" Oliver and dodge 5pm rush hour traffic...then got home. Unpacked! Which I almost always put off for about 4 days! Then Squirrel got home from work early. It was nice to see her and the kids...to catch up, and to see what they had done to the house and the yard. Mercy! We can fix it, we have the technology!

This morning Allie and Liv called from Memphis. They are trying to talk us into getting into our car...drive to New Orleans, and spend the night dining, drinking and revelling in the things people revel in when going to New Orleans. I am pretty beat, as is she...and we really don't feel like going over there. But a small part of me knows that we will have a lot of fun. Its always fun hanging out with ALlie, and Liv is one of the craziest, funnest girls I've met in a long time. I'm 100% certain that her and Squirrel would be like two peas in a pod. Would surely be a great night.

I added a little feature at the bottom of each entry. Then I was looking at it and realized "Hmmm, thats pretty stupid. It says "Funny", "Interesting" and "Cool". Huh? They are all good categories. Like whats the difference between funny and cool? What kind of a category is COOL? Thats stupid. It leaves no option for those people who read this that hate me. So I just changed it. You know have, instead of "cool"...a category of "waste of time"!!! Better? I think so!

I am watching the British Open playoff right now. Squirrel grew up with Steward Cink's wife, Lisa up in Florence, Alabama...she has mentioned him several times over the past 8 years. Kind of hard not to root for the old man, Tom Watson...but I guess we kind of have to root for Stewart on this deal. How amazing of a run, though by Tom Watson is this?

Had no idea that LSU was travelling to Seattle to play my Huskies in the first game of the season...until a bunch of you started telling me about it, and how bad you are going to beat our asses. Well, I will say this: Ty Willingham left the cupboard bare. BUT! We have our stud QB coming back, we have a new attitude, we have home field advantage, and we have what I hope will be a great new coach coming in from USC...so I am not surrendering to you fuckers! Go Dawgs!

So, right around Houston, maybe Beaumont, I fired up Poker Stars and decided to try my luck at some online poker....hmmmmm...did I really want to do this? Well, the first game was a $12/180. 2nd hand of the game I get AK. I simply call the raise to 60. 6 in the hand. No way I'm winning this hand. So when the flop comes K-K-5...I start that..."Hmmm...wonder what I'm going to lose to here." I find out. I check. Player 1 bets 200. Player 2 calls the 200. Player Monkey makes it 600. #1 folds. #2 goes all in. Sigh....whatever, I call. He turns over....FOURS. Yep. FOURS. Goooood 'ol Pokerstars. You know the rest. Yeah. On the river. Well, I play three more games. They all turn out shockingly good. $12/180. I get 4th. For $158. Play a $22/180. Get 15th. For $42. Then play the $3 rebuy...with 7,504 other freaks of nature. I finish 224th, good for $81. And that was it. So in those 3 cashes, I won enough to pay for ALL of my gas coming home, thats how I chose to rationalize it! I know today them and Full Tilt were going for a new Guiness record for most players in a tourney. Gonna have to miss that. No way am I going to try and pull off that stunt on Day 1 of being home!

Being in my own bed feels amazing. The string of trips to the doctor should begin pretty soon. The list of ailments and possible surgeries is amazing! I am a wreck. One of the first things I want to do, after updating my backers' spreadsheet of course...is to join the gym that Squirrel is a member of, and getting my ass in shape!

Thats all for today folks! Just wanted to let everyone know I made it home in one piece, and didnt have my horse and buggy jacked by masked desperados on the way home!!!!!

MONKEY

No comments: