www.gulfcoastpoker.net

Friday, July 17, 2009

Sleep when Sweating? Good luck!

I knew this was going to happen.

I am officially spoiled now by the Venetian. From now on, every hotel room I walk into I'm gonna turn my nose up at. Well, I left the Venetian at 1pm. It took a ridiculous half hour to get my car. Save the worst for last I guess.

Went directly to Fashion Show Mall and made a beeline for Marc Ecko...where I managed to once again find a crapload of new clothes to buy. So...for the record, those keeping score, I went crazy when I arrived...and went crazy before leaving. I should now be set to NEVER wear the same outfit again for the rest of the year!

Cruised by Wal Mart, picked up 4 movies from the Red Box. Skipped finding Wachovia. Then it dawned on me. Wow...I am currently carrying more cash on me than at any time EVER in my life. I do not have any weed on me...as I ran out nearly three weeks ago. But I do have my little fun collection of pills, not that I abuse them, because I do NOT...I stretch them out and use only on a 'need basis', nevertheless, the thought occurred to me:

Suppose while driving home a drunk driver swerves into my lane...hits me head on...I die instantly, and everything in my car goes flying EVERYWHERE...including a ton of hundred dollar bills, a bunch of pills, and a pipe used for...ahem, yeah. How is this going to come off looking? What will they say? The news seems to ALWAYS go for the negative spin, don't they? Will they think I was a drug dealer? Afterall...why would a guy with FLORIDA plates be randomly travelling through New Mexico, or Texas...or wherever, with all that cash? Kind of a freaky thought. I'm thinking of writing a note...and sticking it in my console, in the 'unlikely event of a water landing' or....rather....the 'unlikely event of death by drunk asshole driver.' Just so I can avoid having my reputation tarnished, and quite possibly, some corrupt police department taking all my money and holding it as 'evidence' instead of giving it to my wife and backer!

So anyway...spent a lot of time today driving through landscape that contained nothing but dirt and tumbleweeds. How depressing. Will this land ever be used for anything I wonder? What a waste. I notice gas is a lot cheaper than it was on the way out here. That was pretty refreshing.

So yeah...I get into this room and immediately notice the temperature of the room is not where it ought to be. I was hoping maybe they just turned on the AC. Well, its been two hours now. Its the DESERT! And this room is all humid, and hot and sticky. I don't know what to do. The goal was to rest up for the rest of this drive (about 18 hrs to go) and now I am laying here, sweating and miserable and unable to sleep. Pretty sure someone is going to catch hell tomorrow morning.

Okay. Dates for future tourneys. TUNICA July 24th to August 10th. Prognosis. Get home Saturday the 18th. Spend a week doing NOTHING. Keep eye on Tunica...looking at total number of entrants for first few tourneys. Spend weekend of 26th-28th with Squirrel's family in Orange Beach. If the environment exists...go to Tunica the 29th til the 10th. COME HOME. Chill for three weeks, play nightly tourneys at the Beau Rivage. On August 27th-30th, entertain the idea of driving up to Win Star in Oklahoma to play the $3 million gurarantee tourney up there, which has a buy in of $2200. After that...which I doubt I will do...come home and dig in for the Beau Rivage tourney....which runs from Sept 3rd to the 14th. While that is going on you have the WCOOP going on again on Pokerstars. You all have fun with that. On September 10th I will NOT be playing so I can go to the Kenny Chesney concert with Squirrel and her friends. Around that time I plan on also attending some football games. Somewhere. Perhaps more concerts. Yeah, Sept 14th to October 30th is going to be a time to have fun with Squirrel. Because I will be back in Vegas for the next DeepStacks event at Venetian. There might be a cruise in there somewhere. Not sure of anything right now...except that I am about to KILL MYSELF in this room!!!!!!!

Okay, not even sure why I decided to write a blog. If any of you found this interesting....wow. Oh yeah...before I forget...I DO owe you all something very huge. Its kind of a two part thing. A photo montage of my summer. And the HUGE BARN FROM VEGAS SPECIAL that so many of you have been waiting for. I'm gonna be honest, there are SO many to put in there...its going to take me FOREVER, and you bastards BETTER appreciate it when it IS finally finished. It's going to take me probably five hours to bang that shit out...so, stay tuned!

MONKEY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make sure I'm the first donkey in your barn.
Charles Chan